Our comprehensive guide to Search Engine Optimisation best practices isn't just for SEOs, the clear explanations mean that it can be used by marketers to ask the right questions to boost their SEO.
This 7 steps SEO guide is one of our most popular and rightly so. If you get it right, SEO can be a fantastic, relatively low-cost way to drive quality visitors who want to do business with you to your site. Even with all the hype about social media, many businesses and blogs can deliver well over half their traffic and conversions from SEO through their SEO and content marketing mastery or the strength of their brand.
As marketers, we need to keep reminding ourselves how incredibly important search is and invest in the right resources, techniques and processes to compete. If we don’t, then there will always be more SEO-savvy competitors who are investing to ensure they deliver the best results from the search engines.
Who is the guide for?
Our comprehensive guide gives you all the latest details you need to review the SEO for your business or your clients. But not too much detail… It’s designed to be quick to scan with highlighted definitions, SEO strategy recommendations and practical tips.
It’s aimed at:
- Marketing, e-commerce and digital marketing managers who need to understand and improve SEO to help review the key issues to discuss with their in-house team, agencies or consultants, i.e. it will help marketers ask the “Smart questions” to improve SEO results.
- Agencies and consultants who use it to review their process and techniques. Making sure they are aware of the last Google changes and techniques.
- Smaller businesses who use our guide as a “do-it-yourself” guide to boost their business with SEO without the need to invest in SEO consultants or agencies.
How is the SEO guide structured?
To help get or keep your SEO on-track, this guide provides:
- A workbook format with all the questions you need to ask to help get better results in Google
- The latest on avoiding or escaping the major Google algorithm webspam updates including Panda, Penguin, Pigeon and Hummingbird
- Ensuring you rank for smartphone searches following Google’s April 2015 ‘Mobile-friendly’ algorithm update
- Clear explanations of the jargon for non-specialists plus highlighted key recommendations and best practice tips to action
- Checklists of success factors to review internally or with your agency
- Tutorials on how to use Google Analytics to improve results
- Many examples of what works and what to avoid
- Recommended tools to help improve your SEO
This guide shows you:
- Step 1 Do an audit, plan and set your goals
- Step 2 Make sure the engines can find your content
- Step 3 Get your on-page optimisation right
- Step 4 Create awesome content for SEO!
- Step 5 Get more quality links using content marketing
- Step 6 Refine your internal linking
- Step 7 Improve SEO through Analytics